Red wine contains very strong antioxidants and many people say that its consumption is good for health. People have been drinking wine for centuries and its benefits are well known. For this reason, many believe that drinking a glass of wine a day is a very important part of a healthy diet.
According to some studies, moderate consumption of red wine reduces the risk of certain diseases, including cardiovascular diseases. What other benefits of red wine are known?
Red wine has been an invariable part of events related to social life, religion, culture for thousands of years. People believed that medieval monks lived longer due to the fact that they drank wine in moderation.
Recently, science has shown that there is some truth in these claims. There are several main benefits of drinking a glass of red wine:
1. Red wine has a lot of antioxidants that protect against cellular damage that is caused by oxidative stress.
2. Helps with inflammation. Wine contains compounds that have anti-inflammatory properties;
3. Red wine improves heart health. According to some studies, people who drink wine in moderation are less likely to suffer from heart disease.
4. Red wine is good for the mental health. A glass of red wine reduces the risk of depression;
5. Red wine helps us live longer;
6. It also supports gut health.
To enjoy all the properties of the drink, prepare homemade wine and enjoy it in moderation.