Celery is considered a relative of parsley and has many proven health benefits. This vegetable is used in various dishes as a food and with its specific taste complements the taste of many dishes.
Celery seeds are obtained by drying. They are characterized by a high level of nutritional value and have some healing properties.
1. One of the most important benefits of celery seeds is considered to be their help in the fight against cancer. Celery seeds contain elements such as polyacetylene and phthalide, which may be useful in the treatment of cancer;
2. Another important health benefit of small celery seeds is that they can help normalize blood pressure levels. Consumption of celery seeds every day can raise blood pressure;
3. The beneficial substances in the seeds prevent and also neutralize the adverse effects of taking acetaminophen (analgesic) on the liver. By using celery seeds every day, you can reduce the harmful effects on the liver. But it should be noted that this quality has not yet been confirmed by scientific research;
4. One of the benefits of celery seeds is the ability to reduce cholesterol levels. Cholesterol clogs arteries, which increases the risk of heart problems. In folk medicine, celery seeds are often used to treat problems with the circulatory system;
5. Celery seeds contain many beneficial nutrients, including flavonoids, linoleic acid, coumarin and a number of volatile oils. Due to the presence of the above-mentioned ingredients, celery seeds can be useful in the treatment of many diseases.
6. It is common knowledge that celery seeds have anti-inflammatory properties. They can help with the treatment of joint disease and inflammation, as well as diseases related to inflammation, such as gout, rheumatism and arthritis.
7. Celery seeds can be useful in relieving various spasms and ailments;
8. By nature they are considered diuretics and because of this function they can be extremely useful. Excessive urination caused by the diuretic properties of celery seeds can help to quickly remove toxins and excess fluid from the body;
9. Due to its diuretic properties, celery seeds can help people with kidney stones, water retention and gout. Celery seeds prevent additional accumulation of uric acid and fluids in the human body;
10. Celery seeds are considered antibiotics and disinfectants. These properties are very helpful in treating many types of infections in the body, especially urinary tract infections.
The main contraindication to celery seeds is pregnancy and breastfeeding. Celery is not dangerous in minimal amounts, but it is important to limit its consumption. Celery seeds contain substances that cause the uterus to contract and may pose a risk of miscarriage.