During the winter period, we encounter all kinds of colds and illnesses almost every day. In order not to go for drugs, the best way is to turn to nature. It provides us with everything we need to be healthy.
Here are the nutrients considered most effective in fighting diseases: vitamins A, C, E and K, copper, iron and selenium. Also of great importance are the fibers, oils and acids contained in many fruit and vegetables. First let's look at the three best fruit for smoothies and juices.
1. The best fruit are undoubtedly citrus fruit. They contain a large amount of vitamin C, but are also rich in other important vitamins, minerals and compounds that combine perfectly to boost the immune system.
2. In second place are berries! Raspberries, blueberries and strawberries are not only rich in vitamin C, but also in vitamin E. Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that boosts the immune system by eliminating free radicals and oxidative stress.
3. The third place goes to kiwi. Not only is it full of vitamin C, but it is also rich in vitamins E and K. Vitamin K protects the body from certain diseases and can even help fight the development of certain types of cancer, as well as prevent osteoporosis. Kiwi also provides an impressive amount of fiber, as well as potassium, copper, manganese and folate.
Now let's look at the three best vegetables for juicing and smoothies:
1. Cruciferous vegetables like cabbage, kale, broccoli and cauliflower are "superfoods" that provide a huge variety of immunity-boosting vitamins and minerals. They are also a rich source of fiber. This group of vegetables has been shown to act as anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic agents to reduce DNA damage and provide protection against viral and bacterial infections. Carotenoids protect the body from diseases by acting as powerful antioxidants.
2. "Eat your spinach" is a phrase we've heard many times in our childhood and science has confirmed that mom knows what she's talking about! Spinach provides a wealth of vitamins, minerals, B-complex compounds and other nutrients! Vitamins A, C, E and K plus the minerals iron, potassium, calcium, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus and zinc all combine to boost immunity like no other food.
3. Carrots are another vegetable we've often been encouraged to eat and for good reason! Quite simply, carrots are another superfood. This antioxidant-rich vegetable contains vitamins and minerals that boost the immune system. They are also rich in fiber, which is extremely important for a strong immune system.
Now all you have to do is let your imagination run wild and make the most healthy and delicious juices for the whole family.