Recently, the so-called bulletproof coffee is gaining more and more popularity as a breakfast substitute. Its fans say, that it has many benefits for our health.
Essence of Bulletproof Coffee
- it maintains the energy level throughout the morning;
- it prevents hunger;
- it supports mental concentration.
Due to the fact, that this ype coffee is a fairly new drink, research has not yet been conducted to show whether it is beneficial or harmful to health. The US Food and Drug Administration, responsible for the safety of food, drugs, cosmetics, etc. has yet to comment on this coffee being part of the popular keto diet.
Preparing bulletproof coffee
There are 4 steps in making this coffee:
1. You must brew 1 cup of coffee, using coffee beans or one grinded with a French press;
2. Add 1 tablespoon of butter;
3. Add 1 or 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter or other non-dairy alternatives such as coconut oil;
4. Blend with a blender for 20-30 seconds. It should look creamy and frothy.
The bulletproof coffee is served warm.
This coffee should be drunk in moderation. Its moderate drinking does not cause harm, it even has health benefits.
If it is drunk in large quantities, it can seriously harm our health after long consumption. This type of coffee, which plays the role of a breakfast substitute, does not carry all the nutrients needed for the day, so you should be careful when you decide to drink this type of coffee. Experts recommend 1, maximum 2 coffees a day.
And if your coffee needs some company, check out these recipes for:
- keto cakes;