In fact, in some cultures, the phrase "let's eat" literally means "let's eat rice." The popularity of this grain is partly due to its nutritional value. Rice is one of the oldest grainy foods on earth.
One cup of boiled white rice contains 205 calories, which is more than 10 percent of the daily dose required for a person whose diet consists of 2, 000 calories. It also contains 44.51 g of carbohydrates, 0.6 g of dietary fiber and 0.1 g of sugar and 4.25 g of protein and rice does not contain cholesterol.
White rice is also a dietary source of a number of vitamins such as thiamine, niacin and folic acid. It provides the body with some minerals, including calcium, iron, magnesium and manganese.
Rice can be prepared by several methods, each of which affects its nutritional value in a different way. It is good to know that in the recipes, in which it is recommended to wash the rice before cooking, the B vitamins in it are significantly reduced, as they are water-soluble.
White rice is quite healthy, as long as it is not polished. Because after polishing it loses a lot of vitamins and minerals contained in it.
It is recommended to consume unpolished white rice at least twice a week and we can summarize the following benefits of rice:
1. Strengthens the immune system.
2. Supports muscle recovery and muscle and bone growth.
3. It can help people suffering from burns, measles and even acne.
4. It gives the body substances useful for the skin, hair and nails.
5. Rice is a good food source for people with high cholesterol and its low sodium content makes it suitable for people with high blood pressure.
6. For those who are allergic to gluten, it is a natural food source without gluten. This makes it suitable for younger children, as gluten-containing foods are not allowed in early childhood.
7. Helps the brain to function normally and efficiently.
8. It can help prevent some forms of cancer.
9. Included in the diet, it can be useful for weight regulation.
10. It is useful for people with indigestion, by promoting good bowel function.
11. It has anti-inflammatory properties.
Making delicious rice can be a challenge sometimes, so we've selected some tried and tested rice recipes that you can try: chicken with rice, pork with rice, rice meatballs, paella, rice with tomatoes, mushrooms with rice, sauerkraut with rice and sutlac.