As with any other disease, with gastritis we have to be careful about what we eat, especially when it comes to desserts. In this article, we will show you which desserts you can eat if you have gastritis.
Here are the sweet treats that are safe to eat with gastritis:
- Marmalade - It is light and easily absorbed by the body and does not cause irritation;
- Pudding - It also has a beneficial effect on the stomach;
- Soufflé of low-calorie products such as carrots and cottage cheese;
- Healthy candies - They have natural ingredients, so they are one of the allowed foods to eat if you have gastritis;
- Desserts should be made from sweet fruit and consumed several times a month;
- Biscuits - Can be dry or soft, but without chocolate. It is recommended no more than 1-2 times a week;
The consumption of sweets during gastritis should be moderate.
Desserts for gastritis, made on a milk basis
- Ice cream
Usually, gastroenterologists allow the consumption of ice cream in gastritis, but it must be melted in advance, because otherwise ice cream reduces the synthesis of gastric juices. When buying ice cream for a person with gastritis, it should be made from real milk, not powdered milk. The ice cream should also contain some fat, which should not be more than 3-4%.
If your gastritis worsens and the stomach pain is every day, you should stop eating ice cream and various desserts with sugar.
- Condensed milk
This type of milk has a lot of calories and is therefore not recommended for consumption with gastritis. A large amount of calories and a high fat content can significantly burden the stomach and this can lead to aggravation of the disease.
The lactic acids and probiotics in yogurt help with gastritis, because they improve digestion.
Whatever dessert you decide to eat, you must first consult with a specialist who will tell you what is best for you and what you should avoid.