As we have written many times, avocado is extremely tasty and healthy. Due to its creamy texture, it is very suitable for babies. The best quality of avocado is that it contains very good fats and has a very high nutritional value.
Benefits of avocado for the baby:
- Avocado is one of the most useful foods on earth. This is due to the fact that it contains everything that our body needs to function normally;
- Avocados contain sodium and cholesterol, but also many important nutrients. This green fruit contains 8% of the recommended daily dose of folic acid, 4% of the daily dose of fiber and 4% of the daily dose of vitamin E, also 2% of the daily dose of iron;
- It also contains 3.5 grams of unsaturated fats, which are important for the normal development of the central nervous system and brain.
When to give avocado to a baby:
Avocados are the best choice for a first feed with a food other than breast milk. It is smooth and creamy and when pureed, it can very easily be given to a baby.
- Avocados can be given to a baby when it is 4 or 6 months old. The baby needs carbohydrates and fats, as well as protein for normal growth and avocados can provide them.
- Avocados contain a large amount of fat, but this should not worry a mother, because the baby does not need to be on a diet that is low in fat;
- Avocados are a very good source of monounsaturated fats.
In addition to giving it to your baby, be sure to include avocados in your weekly menu as well. We have done out best to present you with the most delicious avocado recipes.