Potatoes are a versatile vegetable and many different delicious potato dishes can be prepared with them.
They have been part of the menu of humans for centuries. Potatoes are root vegetables. They are really very tasty, but when it comes to dietary nutrition, they are not very recommended, although there are successful potato diets - as long as you know how to consume them.
We all love French fries, but apart from being fried in a lot of fat, which in most cases is palm oil, they also provide the body with a lot of calories.
How many calories are in potatoes
How many calories potatoes contain depends directly on the heat treatment they went through. The variety also determines how many calories a potato contains. 100 g of potatoes contain:
- If the potatoes are peeled and baked, they contain 90 calories, 2 g of protein, 0.1 g of fat, 20 g of carbohydrates;
- When potatoes are baked without being peeled, they contain 95 calories, 2.1 g protein, 0.15 g fat, 21 g carbohydrates;
- When potatoes are peeled and boiled, they contain 85 calories, 2.1 g of protein, 0.1 g of fat and 20 g of carbohydrates;
- When potatoes are raw and unpeeled, they contain 70 calories, 1.7 g of protein, 0.1 g of fat and 15 g of carbohydrates;
- When potatoes are fried, they contain 200 calories, 3 g of protein, 10 g of fat and 24 g of carbohydrates.
Have a look at the nutritional value of boiled potatoes.