Blanching is one of the main processes in cooking. It is a process of immersing meat or vegetables for several minutes in boiling water, preferably with salt.
Blanching vegetables is done when they are going to be frozen. This way, their taste qualities, aromas and nutritional composition are preserved.
How to blanch zucchini
- For this purpose, you must choose good quality zucchini, without visible injuries on them;
- Then they are washed very thoroughly and dried;
- They are cut into the shape you want;
- After the water boils, carefully put them in it and leave them for a few minutes and make sure not to make them too soft. The goal is to keep them crispy;
- Then, by using a slotted spoon, place them in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process;
- They are then transferred into a colander or onto kitchen paper or towel and are left to drain;
- The blanched zucchini are now ready for freezing or for further processing.
Once the zucchini have been blanched, they can be put in bags or boxes and frozen. It is good to put a label on them, on which the date of their freezing is written.